Owning a small or mid-sized business requires you to have a financial strategy at different stages of your business growth. Insurance for business owners helps protect the business and primarily the people you care for, such as:
- Life and critical illness insurance for a key person to ensure business continuity
- Protecting cash and investment assets from creditors
- Investing with tax-efficient strategies unique to businesses
- Buy/sell agreement in case a partner wishes to leave the business
- Flexible group insurance plans are available for small business owners, salaried employees without group benefit insurance or the self-employed.
Savings and investments
- Guaranteed investment funds – also known as segregated funds – offering growth and potential creditor protection
- Guaranteed investment certificates to place cash short-term
Our partner, Desjardins Financial Security Investments Inc., which is a mutual fund dealer, gives businesses access to a wide variety of mutual funds from many of the top mutual fund management companies in Canada.
- Mutual funds are professionally managed, so you do not have to be an expert
- There are mutual funds available that range in risk and volatility from capital preservation to aggressive growth
- Small initial investment of $500
If you would like to learn more about how mutual funds can play a beneficial role in your business, please speak with one of our mutual fund advisors, or visit our Desjardins Financial Security Independent Network official website.
More about our business services is also available.