Life and health insurance
When people think of insurance, they tend to think of insuring their home against fire or their car against accidental damage.
We’re primarily concerned with:
- Protecting you financially in the event of disability, a critical illness and the loss of independence due to the natural effects of aging
- Protecting your family’s lifestyle in the event of your death
Contact a life and health insurance adviser who can help you determine the coverage most appropriate for your needs and your budget.
Savings and investments
Whether you’re saving for retirement or saving for a rainy day, we have a full range of saving, investment and annuity products to meet your needs.
- Guaranteed investment funds – also known as segregated funds – offering growth and security
- Guaranteed investment certificates
- Annuities that provide a regular income
Our partner, Desjardins Financial Security Investments Inc., which is a mutual fund dealer, gives you access to a wide variety of mutual funds from many of the top mutual fund management companies in Canada.
Mutual funds can be held in open or registered plans such as a Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) or Tax-free Savings Account (TFSA).
- Mutual funds are professionally managed, so you do not have to be an expert
- There are mutual funds available that range in risk and volatility from capital preservation to aggressive growth
- Average your purchase price by automatically buying units over time, ex., $50 a month
- Small initial investment of $500
If you would like to learn more about how mutual funds can play a beneficial role in your savings or investments, please speak with one of our mutual fund advisors.
If you would like to read more, please visit our Desjardins Financial Security Independent Network official website for more detailed information about many of our products and services.